We bring to you the aesthetics of the beauty and the science of medical knowledge as a single unified service under one roof.
Quite often many of us tend to neglect about our hair during our younger age and it begins to take a toll. And then there are times when we really want to take care of our hair but have no clue how to do that. Well, it is important for you to know what the causes for hair damage are so that you can prevent it. So, here are few pointers that would give you an insight on maintaining your hair in a healthy manner
- After coming out of the shower, you tend to brush your hair without allowing it to dry. You must never do that because wet hair is always weaker than dry hair. Also, never use a fine toothed comb. Always ensure that after towel drying your hair, use a wide toothed comb for detangling.
- A deep hot oil condition improves hair manageability and shine and reduces hair breakage, doing this once a week is strongly recommended.
- Never neglect dandruff. If the itching persists then you need to use a good anti-dandruff shampoo twice a week and this will ensure dandruff is under control.
- Stay away from coloring, straightening and perming of hair as the agents present in them tend to damage the hair extensively.
- If you are living near the sea or frequent the beaches then wearing a hat is always better. The ultraviolet light from the Sun tends to cause a bleaching effect on your hair and this leads to an eventual hair breakage. Also, wearing a hat improves your fashion quotient.
- Every time you wash your hair, make sure you use a conditioner after the wash. By not using a conditioner, the hair gets frizzy.
- If you are someone who has to travel a lot and drive in the city then it is natural that your hair gets exposed to all forms of dirt and pollution. Sometimes, the dirt evolves into an infection of the scalp. So, it is imperative to clean your scalp using a mild shampoo on regular basis. Alternatively, you could cover your hair using an umbrella or a hat (if that’s possible).
- Try to avoid tight hairstyles. Pulling your hair back causes traction and can lead to hair loss. This is also called as tractional alopecia.
- We tend to use a lot of hairdryer but that is not advisable as it makes the hair brittle after a point. It is better to allow natural drying of hair. Also, while drying your hair, ensure you just pat it dry and not over rub.
- It is common to go for hair teasing or ratting because that shows a lot of volume. However, it is better to avoid it because that would ruin the hair texture. While washing your hair, go for lukewarm to cold water. Using hot water is not good for the hair and it is quite similar to the heat styling methods which cause great damage.
- Brushing your hair regularly leads to increase of lustre in your hair. This enables the natural oils to spread throughout the length of the hair. However, do not overdo this.
- Decking up your hair with heavy accessories is a no-no. It increases the brittleness of your hair.
- In order to have a well nourished hair, it is important to see what you are eating. Nutrients such as Iron, calcium, vitamin B12, Zinc are essential for hair growth. In case you are not having them regularly then you could go for certain supplements subject to guidance from your dermatologist.