What is PRP?
- Platelet rich plasma is rich blood plasma that contains about 3-5 times the number of platelets found in regular blood that circulates in the body.
- It contains various growth factors and bioactive proteins that encourage and stimulate hair growth in male and female hair loss.
- The patient’s blood is collected and processed, following which, platelet rich liquid component is filled in syringes and re-introduced into the treatment site.
- It is a simple out-patient procedure.
Effect & Time-Frame
Induction of Platelet-Rich Plasma into the desired areas has numerous effects which cumulatively improves hair growth. They are :
- Increment in the actual quality and volume of hair follicles.
- Activation of hair stem cells leading to hair production
- Strengthening existing hair
- Reversal of hair miniaturization & reduction of hair loss
The hair-loss usually begins fade away in a couple of months, following which new hair follicles can be observed, within 4 to 6 months.
- PRP is a proven, safe and natural therapy for hair loss since the procedure involves concentrating the good cells from your own body directly back into the area where it is needed, thereby ruling out the chance of acquiring an infection from another human being.
- Moreover, good results within a month help you regain your confidence.
- Since it is a non-surgical procedure, it is currently one of the safest and most preferred hair re-growth treatments world- wide.
- Besides hair growth, PRP therapy has proven to be beneficial in skin complaints, dull skin, acne scars, aging issues, etc.
- It is popularly called as ‘Vampire facelift’ or ‘Liquid facelift’ and is currently a rage amongst celebrities worldwide.