What exactly is radiofrequency?
- It is a revolutionary treatment that firms, tightens and lifts your skin, all without having to go under the knife.
- It helps improve skin elasticity, reduce fine lines & wrinkles & tighten sagging skin.
- Radiofrequency treatment delivers great, visible results from the very first treatment.
How does radiofrequency treatment for skin tightening work?
Like any form of energy, we preform radio frequency treatment with the tested capacity to produce heat and while each brand-name application uses a slightly different technology, all work by heating the skin’s deeper layers to induce new collagen and elastin production and encourage cell turnover, helping skin becomes firmer, thicker and more youthful-looking.
An advantage of using radio frequency treatment for skin tightening to heat tissues, as the lasers are used for higher-frequency light waves that is lower rate of radiofrequency can safely penetrate to a deeper level, helping to improve your skin tone and structure, even lifting tissues. Lasers for the most part work to improve the skin’s surface with this radiofrequency treatment for skin. Moreover, radio frequency treatment is safe to treat more patients with different skin tones without risking permanent discolouration.
Of course, the safety and efficacy of non-surgical radio frequency treatment for skin tightening or any treatment depends on the experience and skill of the person providing that treatment and that term we are fulfilling.
Is radiofrequency treatment for skin safe? Here’s what studies show.
While the cells heat up, there is a very low risk for heat damage due to the controlled application of radiofrequency treatment. In a study of over 600 patients, the results showed that there were no permanent side effects and only 2.7% of the radiofrequency treatment have resulted in temporary side effects.
The known risk associated with radio frequency treatment is the potential for burns from the thermal heating effect those people that are exposed to high doses, for instance, those who work around radar equipment without proper protection. Radiofrequency treatment is tissue tightening treatment that is highly controlled treatment for your safety.
With the above information, you may ask, if exposure to high doses of radiofrequency can cause burns, will radiofrequency treatment hurt me? If you are a good candidate for the procedure and it is performed correctly, then no. The radio frequency treatment used in non-surgical treatments are different from that emitted by your microwave or cell phone, or radar equipment the radiofrequency in skin tightening treatments is highly controlled. The cleared technologies to use equipment that allows them practitioner to monitor and control the device during treatment to ensure that targeted tissues reach the optimal temperature to induce new collagen production and cell regeneration without overheating.
Clinical studies have demonstrated an excellent safety profile on radio frequency treatment procedures for skin tightening, whether it be for vaginal rejuvenation, facial skin tightening, or body contouring.
What are the side effects of radiofrequency treatments?
- Along with effectively lifting and tightening tissues without surgery or downtime, one of the greatest benefits of radiofrequency treatments, when performed correctly, is that post-procedure recovery is very quick and easy.
- Side effects are typically minimal and short-lived, limited to mild and temporary swelling, redness, and tingling depending on the treatment.
- Radio frequency treatment can also be performed safely in tandem with injectable, micro needling, or other minimally-invasive treatments. Always choose an experienced, qualified provider for non-surgical radiofrequency treatment for skin tightening.
- As low-risk, convenient, and effective as they are, apply the same level of scrutiny in choosing a provider for non-surgical radio frequency treatment as you would for cosmetic surgery. Like any concentrated dose of energy, radio frequency treatment carries a risk for burns if performed incorrectly.
- You can almost completely mitigate this risk by choosing a provider who has in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in cosmetic laser and energy treatments, and specific training and experience in the radiofrequency treatment for skin application you are considering.
- We have board-certified surgeons with us that are skilled and experienced to perform the radiofrequency treatment safely and effectively and will offer cleared technologies that have been thoroughly tested for safe administration of radiofrequency.
- We have a highly experienced physician’s assistant or registered nurse who meets the above qualifications and is operating under the supervision of a board-certified cosmetic surgeon may also be qualified to provide treatment.
- Be sure to ask a provider how many times they have performed the treatment you are considering for your specific issue and skin type. They should also be able to show you before and after photos of their own patients during your consultation.
- Radiofrequency treatment for skin tightening is beneficial for sensitive skin that can’t handle harsher treatments, like laser resurfacing or micro needling. It is also a good choice for women whose skin is too dark for chemical peels.
How does Secret radiofrequency treatment work?
The combination of radio frequency and percutaneous needling induces collagen production and tightens elastin fibres.
What happens during a radio frequency treatment?
- To minimise discomfort, a local anaesthetic numbing cream is applied for 30-60 minutes prior to the treatment.
- During the radio frequency treatment, the tip of the Secret moves over the treatment area while the micro-needles penetrate the skin and deliver the radio frequency directly into the target areas on the skin.
- The depth of delivery can be adjusted from 0.5 to 3.5mm depending on the condition of the skin you have and the indication for the procedure.
- The Secret Micro-Needling Fractional radiofrequency treatment is a unique technology that is ideal for facial rejuvenation, improving scars and plumping and tightening loose skin by applying precisely controlled radio frequency energy is directly into various depths of skin with minimally invasive microneedles.
- The secret is a very safe radiofrequency treatment for skin tightening that, unlike lasers and IPL can be performed on all skin types, on the face and the body. Because of its safety profile, the incidence of side effects and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is very uncommon in any skin.
On the face, Secret radiofrequency treatment is beneficial for:
- Non-Surgical Face Lifting
- Wrinkle Reduction
- Skin Tightening
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Pore Reduction
- Acne Scars
- Hyperhidrosis (Excess Sweating)
- Stretch Marks
How long does a single radio frequency treatment take?
The topical anaesthetic cream requires 30 to 60 minutes to take effect prior to radio frequency treatment to start. The actual treatment takes approximately 45 to 60 minutes, including aftercare.
Is the radio frequency treatment painful?
As with any procedure, there is individual variation as to the level of discomfort experienced in people. This is also affected by the depth of the micro-needling selected. However, with topical local anaesthetic numbing cream and mild oral pain killers is given, the treatment is very well tolerated.
How long does it take to recover after radio frequency treatment?
Redness and swelling of the treated areas may be experienced for several hours after the radiofrequency treatment. In most cases, normal activity can be resumed on the day of the procedure or the following day. Uncommonly, there may be mild swelling and redness for up to 3 days.
It is not uncommon to have fine brown crusting in a grid-like pattern on the treated areas for up to around 8 days but this covers very well with makeup and does not usually affect social activities. It is important to avoid picking or rubbing the crusting to avoid any damaging the skin.
What is the recommended treatment interval, and the total number of sessions required?
The typical interval between sessions is 3 to 4 weeks. Because the Secret is ‘fractional technology’, the areas treated by the needling and radio frequency are surrounded by intact normal skin. This ensures minimal downtime and rapid recovery and healing. Because of this, and the fact that collagen stimulation is a gradual process, maximum benefit is seen following 4 to 5 treatments, with results from each treatment taking 4 to 6 weeks to begin to be seen.
Are there any precautions after radiofrequency treatment?
After the treatment, we have nurse will spend time with you going over the post-skin care regime. Avoid cleansing until after the skin redness and irritation has resolved on its own. Then, cleanse skin with cool water, and dab or pat lightly with a towel. Avoid hot water. A sunblock should be applied every day and sun exposure should be limited during the radiofrequency treatment for skin tightening course.