A cosmetology and dermatology clinic in Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram with multi-speciality departments, YCDC is committed to serving the needs of patients with various types of skin issues. Headed by Dr. Yogiraj K. and supported by a team of speciality doctors and other professionals, YCDC offers a broad range of skin care treatments and services. Each patient is assured of a tailored solution to meet each his/her specific goals.
Skin Assessment Clinic
This clinic is conducted by dermatologists, providing a full skin assessment. We perform a complete and accurate assessment by collecting data about current symptoms, client’s past and family history, life style and health practices and risk factors for skin cancers (e.g. sun exposure, presence of moles, genetic disorder etc.). We assess – skin integrity, cancerous skin lesions, vascular skin lesions, colour variations (vitiligo, albinism, photo damage, melasma etc.), skin texture, moisture, scalp and hair condition and texture and nail disorders.
Our services include diagnosis and management of various dermatological disorders like acne, freckles, melasma, scars, sun damage, blistering disorder, psoriasis, parapsoriasis, vitiligo, atopic dermatitis, skin infections.
Our Centre provides a whole body cabinet of UVA and UVB for treatment of Psoriasis, Vitiligo etc. Separate hand and foot models for targetted photo therapy are also available.
We offer scientifically proven treatments which are safe, effective and affordable with high standards of quality. Services provided are
- Chemical peels – for acne marks, pigmentation, melasma
- Dermabrasion and dermaroller – for acne scars.
- Mesotherapy for hair fall and skin glow.
- Electro cautery and Radio frequency – for removal of wart, skin tag, moles
- Earlobes repair and ear piercing.
- fillers – for wrinkles and folds due to aging.
- Noninvasive treatment for cellulite reduction and body contouring.
Facilities available are :
- Laser hair reduction – for permanent reduction of unwanted hair.
- Laser skin rejuvenation and resurfacing – for acne scars, pigmentary disorders, naevi and tattoo removal.
- Laser treatment for skin and soft tissue tightening
- Laser treatment for vascular lesions like port wine stain, telangiectasia etc.
The occupational dermatology and Contact Dermatitis Unit specialize in diagnosing and treating allergic and irritant skin reactions. Contact dermatitis is a common dermatological condition and is also a major cause of Occupational skin disease. We offer facilities for detailed investigation and treatment of allergic skin disease:
- Patch testing
- Prick testing for food allergy
- Autologous serum test
- EAST – for food and dust allergy
The Paediatric Dermatology services specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases affecting infants, children and adolescents (upto 18 years of age). Particular consideration is given to the unique developmental and physiologic aspects of the pediatric population. The pediatric dermatology services place a strong emphasis on educating children and their families about skin disease. Special services include treatment of the following:-
- Atopic dermatitis
- Genetic Skin disease
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Port Wine Stains (Vascular Malformations)
This includes surgical procedures and minimally invasive treatments to improve the health, function and appearance of your skin. Facilities available are:
- Surgeries for vitiligo – Suction blister grafting, Mini punch grafting, Autologous melanocyte culture transplant.
- Surgical excision of skin tumors
- Electro surgery for removal of wart, skin tags
- Cryosurgery for treatment of corn foot, keloid
Trichology (Hair Clinic)
Trichology is the branch of medicines that deals with scientific study of the health of hair and scalp. Trichology hair clinic provides treatments to all types of hair loss, hair fall, baldness, grey hair, dandruff and other hair, scalp problems.
Sexually Transmitted Disease is an unexplored division of dermatology because of shyness to report these problems by patients. This clinic provides diagnosis, treatment and counseling to prevent sexually transmitted infections by specialized male and female doctors.
Leprosy is a slowly developing, progressive disease that damages the skin and nervous system. The disease results in skin lesions and deformities, most often affecting the cooler places on the body (for e.g., eyes, nose, earlobes, hands, feet and testicles). This clinic provides diagnosis treatment and counseling for patients with leprosy.